Saturday, June 29, 2013

Independent Booksellers' Week and Mazey Day

Today was the start of Independent Booksellers' Week and to support one on my favourite booksellers, The Edge of the World Bookshop in Penzance I offered to man the tills...in reality stand outside the shop and chat to people.
Liz Fenwick and friend in front of Edge of the World Books
It was also Mazey Day in Penzance which is part of Golowan. Golowan is the fest of mid-summer, the feast of St John, which was traditionally celebrated with bonfires and tar barrels all around Cornwall but died out in the late 1800s. You can read more about it here.
The Mazey Midday Parade
I had such a good time talking about books and watching parades that I'm already looking forward to next year! The rest of my photos are on my Facebook page here.

2 comments:

Edith said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! xoxox

Unknown said...

Edith I did!
lx