Thursday, May 03, 2012

Sue Moorcroft - One Thing I've Learnt..


One thing I’ve learnt is to value my friends.

It’s all too easy to think that keeping my head down over my work is the best way to productivity. Not so! Creativity doesn’t always thrive in solitude. Maybe I need other emotional perspectives; maybe it’s natural in a storyteller to always being on the look out for anecdotes. Or maybe it’s that friendship recharges my heart’s batteries. But half-an-hour over a cuppa with friends who amuse and interest me will send me back to my desk in a burst of energy, full of ideas and enthusiasm.

NB Chocolates and champagne work even better than a cuppa …

7 comments:

Liz Harris said...

'Chocolates and champagne work even better than a cuppa …'

So true ....

Liz X

Unknown said...

Agree with Liz and agree with you, Sue, that time with good friends is so important!
lx

Sue Moorcroft said...

The friends are definitely the important thing. I can always scoff chocs and champagne on my own at home ...

Unknown said...

Now there's a thought!
lx

Karen said...

I've really learnt to value the support of friends and family too, even if they can't always understand my attachment to imaginary people!

Ladybird World Mother said...

Absolutely agree... I love a short time with friends, either dog walking or over a coffee, and then I can start happily on my work. xx

Rebecca Leith said...

You're NB had me chuckling!

B xxx