Thursday, May 10, 2012

Penelope Overton - One (or in this case ten) I've Learnt


Ten things I’ve learned in the last ten days in one hundred
words:

1.  The most beautiful tulips grow in my garden.

2. It can make you more sad to see old friends than not seeing them at all.

3.  When a builder tells you another three weeks, he means six.

4. That digging a pond is easier than it looks when someone else does it.

5. People will take anything if you leave it outside labelled help yourself.

6. The cat is not as clever as we thought.

7. Rescue Remedy® works, most of the time.

8. A hosepipe ban makes you look at rain differently.

9.  Talking to an American, it’s sometimes easier to use their vocabulary.

10.  Tulips can smile.

3 comments:

Rebecca Leith said...

Oh the builders. That made me laugh. And decorators too. In the middle of a lunch party at my mother's they were coming and going still painting the bookshelves, that should have been finished in time! Thanks for sharing.

montyandrosie said...

I love that tulips can smile!

Unknown said...

Bex- it'[s so true...

Me too Susan!

lx