Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Cornish House - Publication Day!

Gosh, what a journey! And that's in more ways that one...but today I have officially become a published writer. I'm sitting here staring at the final book just to remind myself that this is all real and not just some fabulous dream....

Today will be hectic...I have pasties to cook and no I didn't make them from scratch, but bought them from the wonderful organic Gear Farm which is a stones throw from my own Cornish house and has the best pasties....really. If you can't make the launch, you will have to trust me on this unless you make it to Cornwall or buy them from Whole Foods...

I have wine and fizz to chill...tricky at the moment when the fridge is filled with pasties! Ice to buy. Children to round up from various parts of the country...DH will be flying in from, um, I think Norway. My parents are here with me...

I have to remember to stop and smell the roses...or in this case enjoy this longed for moment. For someone who works with words everyday and uses those words to evoke and explain emotion I struggle when expressing my own. Right now I am walking on tightrope high above and dancing at the same time.

I have dreamt this dream a thousand times, but it has never taken this wonderful shape before...the one where I'm right now - supported by my whole family and friends old and new...real life and on-line. It is magic and I am blessed. For this day I can forget the hard work and the crows of doubt and just enjoy this magic moment!

So enough of my waffling...while you have been enjoying the wisdom of 'One Thing I've Learnt' either The Cornish House or moi have been appearing all over the place. So here are the links...

The first is for those that can't join in the launch in London tonight. the fabulous Heroine Addicts are throwing a launch party...this should really come with a warning judging by others I have attended there...But do drop by and join in the mayhem at The Cornish House Launch Party.

I'm on the Virgin Megastore ME blog talking about the The Cornish House here.

I'm answering some excellent question about me and The Cornish House at Female First here.

There is a wonderful review on Bookersatz here

The wonderful Mel Sherrett has written the most lovely blog post about friendship in this crazy on-line world we live in and it made me teary...here

Tomorrow will the be the picture round of the launch tonight (cameras working that is...) and then back to more 'One Thing I've Learnt' posts....

19 comments:

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Many, many congratulations Liz!

I hope today is everything that you've dreamt it will be and that you enjoy every second.

I'm so sorry I can't be there with you, but there are too many things happening this week, daughter's A'levels, son's finals, etc.

Have fun. x

Unknown said...

Thank you Debs and I will have fun!

Good luck with A levels and finals and I wait for the day we will be celebrating your launch!
lx

Julie Cohen said...

Congratulations, Liz!

I can't wait to raise a glass with you tonight.

J xx

Unknown said...

So thrilled you'll be with me to celebrate!
lx

Rosie Hendry said...

Huge congratulations, Liz. You've worked so hard for this day. Enjoy it and squirrel away the feeling to bring out and savour in the future.

Unknown said...

Thanks Kate!
lx

Chris Stovell said...

We're all delighted to share the happiness of this longed-for day with you, Liz - congratulations!

Unknown said...

Thank you Chris!
lx

Louise said...

Ooh, exciting, congratulations, enjoy your day : )

catdownunder said...

Purring like crazy here - am so proud you have done it!

Unknown said...

Lousie - I am soooooooooomuch!

Cat - thank you for all your support! x

lx

Kate Hardy said...

Congratulations, Liz - and have a WONDERFUL time at your launch! Sorry I won't be there in person, but I'll be there in spirit and I'll be raising a glass to you tonight xxx

B.E. Sanderson said...

Yay, it's finally here! I know this has been a long, long journey, Liz, but you did it! You won! I'm so over-the-top happy for you. I wish I could be there at your launch party, but I'll be thinking of you. Now I just need to find a way to get your book here in the states. ;o)

JO said...

I hope you have the best day ever - I'll raise a glass to you tonight.

Unknown said...

Thank you Kate!

BE - thank you so much. You have been on this journey with me. Your day will come! And the only way to get the book in the US is through the Book Depository which ship world wide for free...send a copy to my favourite teacher from High school!

Thankd you JO!

lx

Nell Dixon said...

Sorry I can't be there. Have a wonderful evening!

Unknown said...

Thanks Nell!
lx

CL Taylor said...

Huge congratulations Liz! I can still remember my publication day/launch like it was tomorrow, such a shame I can't make yours. Top tip - take a tissue in case you have a little cry when/after you make a speech. I didn't and wished I had! ;) Have a wonderful evening x

Kristin Celms said...

Liz, I'm so thrilled for you!!! It couldn't happen to a nicer, more inspiring person.