Wednesday, January 04, 2012

New Year - New Book

Well, it's not a new book exactly but August Rock. Yesterday I began the rewrite...gulp. I know what I need to do which is good but that dreaded fear that it won't be good enough is seeping in. I know this fear can be helpful. After all it makes me work harder to make the book better. BUT I need to keep it in check because if I let it run it could stop me writing!!! And that must not happen at all costs...

Julie and Martin Warner, owners of the South Cafe, with post card of  THE CORNISH HOUSE
On a fun note, in the days before Christmas I received wonderful post cards made from the cover THE CORNISH HOUSE. I just love them. On the back it says 'wish you were here'...so I snapped a few pictures of the post card on display at our favourite restaurant, South Cafe, which features in the book and you can find South Cafe on Facebook here.

Now must stop thinking of the wonderful lunches we ate there over the holidays and think about being a 13 year old Victorian boy named Toby....

5 comments:

Rebecca Leith said...

Can't wait to read The Cornish House, Liz. When is publication day so I can put it in my diary? xxx

Unknown said...

Aw...Bex thanks. it's the 24th of May...
lx

Rebecca Leith said...

Noted. I'll rush out and get a copy as soon as I can. Such an exciting year for ABG! xxx

Unknown said...

It is indeed...as it's probably in the middle of S's exams I doubt you can make to it to the launch in London on the 24th but just planting the seed incase...
lx

Rebecca Leith said...

Don't have exam dates yet. The seed shall be nurtured and watered. B xxx