Sunday, April 10, 2011

Friends

Any follower of this blog knows that it has been quite an extraordinary time lately. Not only was I in the Maldives for my birthday with my whole family but just days before I signed a deal for publishing  A CORNISH HOUSE....life is good.

But in truth what makes life worthwhile on every single day of the year - the highs and the lows are friends and family. My writer friends are a special bunch...they know the joy, the pain, the frustration of what it's like...to be a writer. I know I celebrate each triumph and heart ache with them so I shouldn't be surprised by Julie Cohen's post here and Susan Alison's beautiful birthday painting here and finally another post from the lovely Nina Harrington here. but I was delightfully caught off guard and made a bit weepy...

So now back to real life...boys are revising as i type this. We're all struggling with the overnight flight and I'm clearing the decks...in readiness for edits from my editor...oh, how good it feels to say that...

2 comments:

D.J.Kirkby said...

So lovely to read that you are looking forward to your editing process. That is a nice positive spin on something I see a lot of people complaining about on twitter :)

Unknown said...

DJ - I want to make the book better so I am looking forward to it...I think. i may feel differently when I see them...
lx