Saturday, May 16, 2009

Home Again (however only briefly!)

Well back in Dubai to the sun, heat and humidity. London was fabulous and refreshed the writing cells again. Having stopped mid scene knowing that I was veering off track - I didn't write again until I hit the plane and was fueled by a glass of bubbly. I'm hoping the break will have recharged the writing subconscious as it felt as if I was starting the book again. I know what I need to do but it's very hard to begin. So I'm hoping that 100 incoherent words I wrote on the plane will send me on my way for the second half of the book. My end of May deadline is approaching far too quickly and I'm flying back to the UK this Thursday (half term beckons).

For the curious here are two more links to the RNA Summer Party - Janet Gover, one of the nominees for the Joan Hessayon New Writers' Award here and Ray-Anne aka Nina Harrington here. I have stolen one of her photos which has from the left - agent Jonathan Pegg, writer Cat Marsters/Kate Johnson, moi, Carole, and Ray_Anne/Nine Harrington.

6 comments:

HelenMWalters said...

Champagne-fuelled writing is definitely the way to go!

Jenny Beattie said...

Oh my goodness... you're back on Thurs? Why did you come back to Dubai?

Nothing good ever comes from champagne fuelled writing for me! I hope it does for you, though.

Kate Johnson said...

Hmm, I find champagne makes the keyboard rearrange itself...it can't possibly be that I'm no longer able to type!

Unknown said...

Helen - It's my favourite way to beat the block!

JJ- it put words on the page when I was almost frightened so I will leave them there until I can delete them for the crap they when I rewrite!

Cat/Kate - It does have that habit - especially when I have a second glass which in this case I didn't as moved onto a dry white wine!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Bubbles are a definate plus when relaxing on a flight.

I can't believe you're back again on Thursday, you must have packing down to a fine art.

Unknown said...

Debs - what is packing????