Thursday, May 28, 2009

An Accident and Good News


DS1 was borrowing my little lappy and it had an ooops - a big ooops. So it is being taken apart to retrieve my data. I was all set early this week to tell you I had my MoJo back. The words were flowing and I knew where I was going. Needless to say this has been arrested along with all other pursuits related to the computer. Have had to invest in new little 'puter (ouch) and refrain from hanging DS1 by toe nails.



On to the stunning good news that I just must share - fellow RNA member Philippa Ashley is going to see her book Decent Exposure (Little Black Dress - and her first book which won the Joan Hessayon New Writers' Award in 2007) made into a film for Fox and it will be their featured film for Christmas. See Philippa's blog for all the details.

6 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

Oh dear Liz:-(

Hope your data is retrieved intact!

Phillipa said...

Liz

Hugs - Hope your data can be saved ... and thank you for the good wishes. It's been a huge surprise!

Karen said...

Wow, that's a writer's dream come true for Phillipa!

Hope you get your data back soon :oO

Tamsyn Murray said...

Think calm thoughts....

Hope the patient can be saved...

Jan Jones said...

Fingers crossed for your computer. Has all the blood pooled around ds1's eyebrows yet?

Unknown said...

Update - data retrieved!!!

Thanks Lane!

Philippa, I m still grinning every time I think of it:-)

Karen it is such a relief as I hadn't backed up as my external hard drive was making funny noises...as they say when it rains it pours


Tam - the little lappy was not recoverable but at least the data was....kids!!!!

Jan - I think the blood to the head may have helped him focus on his gcse revision!