Sunday, January 11, 2009

Pain and Fear

I am a total dental whimp and today fills me with horror and dread. A wisdom tooth is being extracted. That in itself is bad enough but this partiular one has roots that straddle the nerve running down my jaw which is why it has been left in place until now. However the infections it brings on have gone from once every two years to every six months. The blighter has got to go.......

So I am praying that no permanent nerve damage will take place and that the pain will not be as bad as this writers mind is making it....

Will report once I am out of the fog of the hopefully brilliant pain killers.

16 comments:

Jan Jones said...

(((((((hugs)))))))

And huge hopes that it all goes well.

Nell Dixon said...

Huge hugs, once it's done it'll be gone for good

Lane Mathias said...

Oh dear:-(

Better to get shot of the blighter.
Thinking of you today.

Rachel Green said...

I'm sure it won't be that bad. Good luck.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Big hugs from me too.

Once this is all over with, you'll be so relieved not to have those infections every so often.

Tamsyn Murray said...

You're doing the right thing but I'd be scared too :-(

HelenMWalters said...

I can't stand dentists either. Poor you. Lots of hugs.

Chris Stovell said...

It is scary, Liz, but, having been in the same position I can honestly say that I felt so much better for getting it done. Good luck.

Leigh Forbes said...

Feeling :( for you.
Am sending lots of {{{{{}}}}}}s
(Have an on-going battle with my teeth too.)
Hope you're feeling :)ier very, very soon.
x

Phillipa said...

Liz - I hope it was much, much easier for you than you'd expected. P xxx

sheepish said...

Hope it all went okay, I hate the Dentist aswell so know how you feel.

sheepish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Flowerpot said...

oh lordy I do sympathise Liz having had a gutful of dental problems over the last few years. Fingers crossed and thinking of you!

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Bet it hurt like hell. But at least you won't ever have to have another one of those nasty infections. Hope you're on the mend now.

cs harris said...

Ouch. My sympathies. Do you now look like you've been kicked in the face by a mule?

Steve Malley said...

Best thing about pain: no human can remember it. Hope you're feeling better now.