Sunday, May 11, 2008

Super Link

Regular blog readers know that I am a member of the Novel Racers (a wonderful rag tag bunch of writers supporting each other through the whole novel writing process) and each week we 'meet' for coffee and discussion. This week the wonderful Zinnia was hosting and boy did she hit on a fantastic topic - our own 'Crystal Tips' here. Hop over to read a collection of fantastic writing tips - so many light bulb moments in the comments section.

I am finally making headway on the revison. Haven't updated the sidebar as it wouldn't look like progress. I now have 360 pages instead of 391 for a start. There's been a whole lot of cutting going on but there has been some serious addition stuff happening too. Must keep focused.

I have been tagged by Rebecca for the quirks meme.

Here are the rules:
Link the person who tagged you.
Mention the rules in your blog.
Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged

1. I have a thing about saying thank you waiters/waitresses ( probably because I have been there)
2. i express affection to my husband and kids by silent kisses and they respeond in kind
3. because of my dyslexia I have trouble with telling my right from left so I have to 'pledge alliegence' to know which direction I am talking about - people give you very funny looks when you keep slapping your left tit.........
4. like many Americans I love maple syrup on my bacon but only one of kids gets this
5. it must be in the genes because my feet can't keep still when I hear Irish music
6. dh and I have a fun game when out of creating character sketches of people

Won't tag anyone but if you feel like doing it let me know :-)

5 comments:

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Awwww, thanks Liz! I've just read your opening chapter, now do bear in mind that I'm not a reader of romances by choice, so it must be good because it held my attention. I love the idea of the book starting with the protagonist running away from her own wedding, because that raises such a huge 'why?' question in the reader's mind - especially when it's evidently not because the man concerned is a villain, quite the opposite it seems. And I think you end the chapter at a terrific cliff-hanger moment. Hurry up and get a publishing deal so I can read the rest!!!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I'm pretty dyslexic but with figures and have a dreadful time seeing them the right way round, which doesn't bode well for bookkeeping.

I have such a problem telling my right and from my left.

Unknown said...

Blushing here - thanks Zinnia!

Sorry you suffer too Debs - it's a pain the a*s!!!

Jenny Beattie said...

I'm still chuckling about the Crystal Tips. It really was a brilliant post, wasn't it?
JJx

Lisa said...

So glad you sent me to Zinnia's. Her tip in particular was exactly the one I needed. I'd just been reading the same book and playing with index cards and scenes, only I hadn't taken it as far as she did...I'm going to now!