Monday, September 10, 2007

First Page Help



Some of you remember the first page challenge that Julie Cohen posted last year about this time and then I presented to the Novel Racers. Well, Julie, author of Little Black Dress books and Mills and Boon Modern Extra books is hosting a discussion on 'Tightening Your First Page' here. I love the first tip so far:

"the first time, write for you. Then revise it to make it great for the reader. "

Knowing Julie and how well she writes, I know the discussion this week will be filled with much wisdom and laughter :-)

Day one at school for dd went well. I am becoming acclimatized to the heat - I think. Still looking for the connecting cable for my camera so i can post a few photos.

5 comments:

Chris Stovell said...

Liz, so glad you have 'landed' safely and that there are familiar faces around.

Rachel Green said...

Thanks for the link, Liz. I'll drop in there throughout the week.

Flowerpot said...

glad day one went well - how hot is it over there? I presume you have air con and stuff? Difficult to imagine in windy cornwall! Hope you are settling in OK - how about Snowy?

Lane Mathias said...

Glad to hear you're settling in and looking forward to photos. What's the time difference there?
Lx

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling slightly settled.

Oh and I just finished reading 'Spirit Willing, Flesh Weak' it was brilliant! So I'll have to pop by the discussion this week :-)

xx