Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Sniff

I'm packing and leaving in a few hours.......I don't want to go. It's been a fabulous holiday. We are rested and tanned and not too fat after our time here in Naples. Hell, I even managed write a few thousand words. What more could I ask for except another couples of weeks?????

So hopefully spring has found the London again while we were gone. There was frost on the ground at Gatwick as we left and I send a silent prayer that it won't be bleak grey skies on our return!!!

I will be back to more regular posting and finishing A Cornish House. The last few hundred words I wrote were crap.........not in content but style. I had so much I wanted to say but did it all in flash back in order to put the words down. The scene is totally crap. However the thoughts were captured and I can rewrite the scene in a better manner later. Normal writing will return soon. The kids still have another week of hols so I will progress slowly as sniff sniff I will be back to cooking and housework too..........

6 comments:

Helen said...

Hi Liz...looking forward to seeing you back. It's been kind of quiet online whilst the easter holidays are on!

Jenny Beattie said...

Hi Liz

Yeah, I echo Helen. We're looking forward to you catching back up with the blogging. Sorry that means the end of a lovely holiday though.

I'm off at 9am this morning to the beach for five days. If rumours are to believed most of the five days might be spent on the road!

JJ

Jessica Raymond said...

So glad you had such a relaxing time :) The Easter weekend here (Bucks) was beautiful and although it's gone a bit grey today it's still windows-open weather.

Jess x

Lucy Diamond said...

Liz, you are coming back to a heatwave, don't worry!
I know what you mean about that end-of-holiday feeling though. Already I'm dreading the school-run and packed-lunches starting up again on Monday. And it's such a LONG summer term as well...
Still, at least the sun is shining. Small mercies, and all that!

hesitant scribe said...

I know how you feel having just arrived from Geneva yesterday. Boo hoo! Ten days of skiing and riding, of eating out and being taken care of by my parents in law... babysiting, haute-cuisine etc. Haven't written a blinking word either but then I probably needed the break!

Home sweet home eh!

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

It's hard coming back to real life... but good news that the writing is going well.