Friday, November 10, 2006

Romance on the Up

Romance is blooming according to The Book Standard (the article). What a relief to know that its on its way up. I have thrown my writing career in its path I am relieved to see its not dying. Not that I ever thought it was. I have been a romance reader all my life. I have read it in all its forms and enjoyed everyone which is why I want to write Romance. I am pleased and lucky to be a member of New Writers Scheme of the Romantic Novelist Association.

However it was interesting to hear an acquaintance who has worked in the publishing trade in the US rubbish romance. I could see her face fall when I said I was writing romantic fiction. I fell to the bottom of the pile in her view. Thankfully it was only her view and the buying public don't share it!

No comments: