Thursday, November 09, 2006

Blind Date Marriage

I have been waiting a year for this book, Blind Date Marriage. It was alomst exactly a year ago at RNA Winter party that Fiona Harper won and award and most importantly heard the news that her manuscript was going to be published. I was thrilled for her. She had been my buddy at the conference in Egham. We were both 'virgins' to the conference and her friendship make it easier in the sea of faces that I didn't know. So a year ago I felt almost as if I had won with her.

Then the Summer Party rolled along and Blind Date Marriage won another award. Fiona's face was a picture. I was so chuffed for her. But I had to wait until Monday to get my hands on the book. Was it worth wait? You bet. I have just finished wiping my eyes. I should have been revising but the book kept calling to me. I had begun it last night and tiredness overwhelmed me. Their story wouldn't leave alone until I read through to the happy conclusion but what a ride to get there! Great story, wonderful characters and hero that you could kill but his turn around was so satisfying that you are glad you haven't actually killed him in the end :) Bring on the next book in March!!!

Now I must check back to work and stop mooning around with a silly grin on my face!

1 comment:

Jessica Raymond said...

Oooh, I wish my copy would hurry up and drop through the letterbox!

Jess x