Monday, October 23, 2006

Fallow Time

I am in my children's three week half term time. This means that writing doesn't exist in my life. I should say that active writing doesn't exist. I have noticed that I fall asleep thinking about my characters and wake up with new ideas. My mind wanders during the few quiet moments in the day when they are not killing each other to plot twists and if I have layered enough in before I screw the punch. I still have another week and a half before I can seriously tackle August Rock again. I hope that I won't lose all this idea making in this enforced 'quiet time'.

1 comment:

Jessica Raymond said...

Hi Liz!

You may find that the quiet time will be a good thing. For me, just being able to ponder rather than write sometimes gives me ideas on how to change what I've written, or I start visualizing new scenes. Sometimes I even get lightbulb moments. So just make sure you have a notepad near! :)

Jess x